Whether you are a learner or professional or have even played table tennis for a short time, you might know that you can adjust net height ping pong most of the time.
The importance arises here how high is the ping pong net should be?
So if you want to recognize more about Table tennis net height being used in competitive events, keep reading the informative post.
Rules of ITTF Federation:
According to the rules prescribed by the international table tennis federation, the standard nets should be suspended 6 inches above the whole tabletop surface from the post.
There are other rules regarding Tennis net measure and net measure that must fulfill the requirements for competitive play.
- The net assembly should consist of suspension, net, and the supporting accessories
- Posts and clamps attached to the table
- The net should be mounted by the cord attached from one end to the other in an upright direction
- The top of the net laterally, its whole length should be 15.25 cm above the playing surface
- The whole length and bottom of the net should be as close as possible
- The ends of the net and playing surface should be attached to the supporting posts from top to bottom
- The length of the ping pong net should be 1.83 meters or 6 feet long and 15.25 cm or 6 inches tall
- The color of the ping pong net should be dark blue, dark green, or black, having a white stripe on the top edge not more comprehensive than the 15mm thick
- The net should not be less than 7.5mm square and more than 12.5 square
Therefore, according to the rules, the net should be assembled according to the rules and regulations were given by ITTF.
Table Tennis Dimensions in Inches
The table tennis net is a net gauge that lets you set the net at the correct height, between 6 inches and 15.25 cm. The net gauge also acts as a tool to measure the flatness and thickness of your paddle rubbers to ensure that they meet the ITTF standard rules and regulations. The standard table tennis size is 274X152.5 X76cm.
Frequently asked questions
What is the height of the net in tennis?
According to the ITF and USTA guidelines, the tennis net should attach to two posts at the side of the court with a height of three and a half feet. Then it should be attached tightly by the strap, so the net should be three feet at the center.
How high should a net be in table tennis?
The net is suspended by the cord attached to an upright post 15.25 cm high. The outer limits of the post are 15.25 from the sideline. The top of the net is 15.25 cm above the playing surface.
How high should a tennis net be in the middle?
The tennis net-nets are regulated at the height of 51 inches at the edge of the court and 1.52m from the middle.